Monday, January 31, 2011

DBS SURGERY CANCELED?

PLEASE PRAY... 
Last Friday, and again today, we spoke with Todd Ellingston, (Administrative Assistant) with OHSU's Department of Neurological Surgery.  According to Todd, "his superior" is not willing to trust Christian Care Medi-Share's 17 year payment history, since it is not a traditional  "insurance" program.


Traditional health insurance comes with a contractual guarantee to pay your medical bills. CCM is a medical sharing program for Christians. For over 17 years, CCM has paid over $500 million in member-shared medical bills on a non-guaranteed basis.  CCM members trust the Lord to provide in their time of need through the voluntary gifts of other like-minded Christians. (More info

A CCM representative has called Todd explaining the way sharing works, but apparently to no avail.  Even though OHSU has accepted my Christian Care Medi-Share "insurance" since 2005, for a combined total of over $6,000, he reports that traditional "insurance" is mandatory for all DBS patients!  And, one more detail... Todd says they wouldn't take cash up front either! (if you are now very confused, join the club...)

After talking with Shannon Donovan (OHSU's DBS Program Coordinator) this afternoon, we plan on showing up on our Feb 8th appointment,  and trust we will be allowed to see the Doctor...

But, thankfully God is not confused, RIGHT!  Thank you for joining me in prayer as we seek God's direction and timing!!

Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.  He said: “In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared what people thought.  And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, ‘Grant me justice against my adversary.’ “For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, ‘Even though I don’t fear God or care what people think,  yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won’t eventually come and attack me!’”And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?”  Luke 18 ~ The Parable of the Persistent Widow

5 comments:

  1. Merv, trying again! let me know if this works. I miss you bud and want to come your way today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's terrible!!!!!! Stupid OHSU. I've experienced rejection by insurance companies in the past as well - no fun. You're in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It works Chris.... Today not good for you to come here, as Colton is running tenp near 104 and bad cough... However, I may, be going near your house in the next few hours to get some meds... Want me to hook up for coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying that God will work this out and that your surgery takes place on time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just saw this...I'm tempted to get frustrated but God must be up to something or there would not be such a battle...at least that is what I'm thinking. I shared for extra prayer warriors to join in. May God be glorified and all your needs met liberally. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete