Saturday, November 13, 2010

God is enough, right Dawna?

Me and sis making an early mess!
Suffering Christians share a comradeship much like that of those who've been wounded together in a great battle... like survivors of D Day... and, it's the only army in the world that one can serve with his kid sister! Hang in there Dawna, we are gonna "fight" this good fight together...


"When we are consciously aware of being used as broken bread and poured out wine, we have yet another level to reach - a level where all awareness of ourselves and what God is doing through us is completely eliminated. A saint is never consciously a saint - a saint is consciously dependent on God." Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest



"For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked." Revelation 3:17

7 comments:

  1. Thank you Merv, for your encouragement. As always it is so needed. Inside I just want to scream and get back the ability to run and play with my kids and do the things that "normal" people do. I don't want to fear living in a wheel chair, I want to be an old grandma that plays with the grandkids.. but all this is on hold (and part of my fear -- will probably never happen). So I appreciate your encouragement to plug along for one more day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about both of you.

    Merv, that was an amazing message thank you for sharing. In the dark times and lonely times I think as humans it is hard to remember God is enough. He wants our pain. He wants our honesty. He is there and yes you are right, God REALLY is enough. God is good.
    Loved the video. I would love to share this on facebook if that is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that video. Your amazing Merv and I love u bunches. You will always be my uncle Merv and I will always be ur princess girl. No matter what happens I'm here and I will always be praying for u.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes yes...God is enough...always. Praying for you Merv.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all for your fervent prayers.... Oh, I need Him every hour, and He often shows up in or as your love extended in my direction.

    ReplyDelete