Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Copy and Paste...

Getting back to the basics... Believe and Suffer?
Philippians 1:27-30 Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel, and not frightened in anything by your opponents. This is a clear sign to them of their destruction, but of your salvation, and that from God. For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake, engaged in the same conflict that you saw I had and now hear that I still have.

Clara, comforting a newborn goat.


Little Brain Thots:
Throughout the day (and especially at nite) I ponder, pray, read, and research the words of others who have suffered much more than I have or and likely ever will... their insightful words often bowl me over; for they encourage me to press on... I simply share their words by copy and paste... often, it is physically impossible for me to do much more that that.

I'm beginning to see that ALL who are called by Christ WILL suffer with Him...without it, we are shallow, fair-weather followers indeed. But the wonderful news is that true peace and joy are EVENTUALLY discovered by all who endure to the end... and when I see my own heart compelled to prefer my painful present condition with Christ instead of what this world and it's pleasures could offer without Christ... well, that blows my mind also!

Big Brain Thots: 
"When trial or tragedy strikes... when the storms of adversity beat on us, it will be the foundations of our life that will sustain and enable us to endure. As with Job, so faith and righteusness will decide the outcome of life's testings." Henry Gariepy (Portraits of Perseverance)

"If the first mark of a true and living church is love, the second is suffering. The one is naturally consequent on the other. A willingness to suffer proves the genuineness of love." John Stott

No comments:

Post a Comment