Thursday, May 13, 2010

Frosted Mini Wheats

2am... Feeling sorry for myself... I'm not very good at anything anymore... I've got Parkinson's Disease, I ache, I'm self conscious in public, when is my "cure" surgery going to happen... I'm not a good father anymore... It's all about me, yada yada yada... All this complaining, after two bowls of Frosted Mini Wheats, a warm cozy living room... ... Then I start reading of how the saints have suffered (and are suffering this very moment around the world)... Father forgive me... I suffer very little...

Hebrews 4:14-16
Therefore, since we have a great high priest...Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith...For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but... who has been tempted in every way... yet was without sin.Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Hebrews 11:1-6
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. This is what the ancients were commended for... And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

Ok, that was hard... I think I deserve a third bowl of Frosted Mini Wheats...

 "Paul reckoned his great trial to be a gift. It is well put. He does not say, "there was inflictedon me a thorn in the flesh", but "there was given to me". This is holy reckoning. Child of God, among all the goods of your house, you have not one single article that is a better token of divine love to you than your daily cross." Charles Spurgeon (2 Cor 12:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment